Dr. Hemant Omkarrao Thakare is a graduate in Civil Engineering and Post-graduate in Structural Engineering from Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology , Nagpur and was awarded Ph.D. in Civil Engineering by RTM Nagpur University (RTMNU). He joined Yeshwantrao Chavan College of Engineering, Nagpur, a flagship institute of Meghe Group of Institutions(MGI) in 1984 and was Professor of Civil Engineering & Executive Director (Technical).
Some Major Associations & Achievements:
- Actively associated with The Institution of Engineers (India), since Eighties. He was Honorary Secretary of Nagpur Local Centre for two terms, Past Chairman of Maharashtra State Centre and also Nagpur Local Centre. He was the Governing Council Member of Indian Concrete Institute for 1999- 2001 and Council Member from Civil Engineering Division of The Institution of Engineers (India) for four terms. He is also life member of Indian Society for Technical Education, Indian Water Works Association, Indian Geotechnical Society, Indian Society of Earthquake Technology and Indian Hydraulic Society. He was the Organising Secretary for 12th Indian Engineering Congress held at Nagpur.
- Actively associated with various social, educational, sports and cultural organizations in and around Nagpur and was President of Amateur Boxing Association of Nagpur District. He has the distinction of being the youngest Executive Councillor of Nagpur University at the age of 27, youngest Chairman, Board of Physical Education and Recreation, Nagpur University at the age of 30, youngest Dean, Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Nagpur University at the age of 32 and youngest Council Member of The Institution of Engineers (India) at the age of 34, youngest Vice President of The Institution of Engineers (India) at the age of 43 years and youngest Chairman of Maharashtra State Centre. He is on Governing Bodies of all Technical Institutions of MGI and was on Governing Body of Government Polytechnic, an autonomous Polytechnic of Govt. of Maharashtra as well as Laxminarayan Institute of Technology, a conducted College of RTMNU. He is also the Founder Director of Tirupati Urban Co-operative Bank, Nagpur — One of the leading Co-operative Banks in the region.
Dr. Hemant O Thakare has over 35 years of rich experience in Engineering, Social and Educational field and is currently working with Ceinsys Tech Limited (CTL) as the Chief Operating Officer.
CTL (formerly ADCC lnfocad Limited), established in 1998, is an ISO 9001, 27001 and 14001 certified, and one of the Premier Geospatial solution providers in the country, with a team of 1000+ employees and 2600 + clientele, having Head office at Nagpur, Corporate Office at Mumbai and branch Offices at various locations across India (Hyderabad, Lucknow, Jaipur, Ranchi, and two offices in Assam).
It is an active member of Association of Geospatial Industries, registered with dun & bradstreet and rated for its financial Performance by CARE.
Its Engineering Solutions addresses several segments — hydraulic modelling and consultancy in the Water domain; consultancy including smart metering in Energy sector; design and modelling services for the Construction industry, DPR preparations for Roads and Highways using LiDAR technology and Solutions in ID, 3D Building Information Modelling and Mining. Ceinsys’s Geospatial solutions include Cadastral mapping, Municipal solutions, Resource mapping and analysis, Mining applications & Heritage mapping. Its services Include satellite image interpretation, physical surveying using ETS, Photogrammetry and use of LiDAR & UAVs for data capture. Ceinsys nas expertise in providing technology solutions across industries.
Ceinsys has achieved optimum Maturity Level 5 on CMMI” (Capability Maturity Model® Integration) V2.0 for Development and Services with enriched capabilities in providing world class services and solutions to its customers. It has tied up with technology partners like Autodesk, ESRI, Bentley, MAXAR (Digital Globe), Hexagon, Aveva, Siemens to cater state of art Technology & high volume turnkey solutions to clients.
Ceinsys aims to provide innovative technology solutions making it a partner of choice for leading organisations including the government and public sector.
Association and Contributions at The Institution of Engineers (I)
Dr Hemant is a dedicated soldier at IEI since last 35+ years having a long, distinguished inning at IEI with selfless service and total devotion. He has exposure to all the thick and thin that IEI has experienced over last 4 decades. He has served with an unblemished record of representing almost all the bodies/ fora of IEI as under —
- Member – AISC, EEAC, EQC, JMC – 1997-98
- Member – AISC, EEAC, EQC – 1998-99
- Member – AISC, EEAC – 1999-00
- Member – BYC – 2001-02
- Member – BYC, RDC – 2002-03
- Member – SHMC – 2003-04
- Member – EEAC, NLPC, BOG-RDF – 2004-05
- Chairman – EQC – 2004-05
- Member – BYC, CATE, MC, SPC, BOM-ESCI, BOG-RDF – 2005-06
- Member - BYC, CATE, MC, SPC, BOM—ESCI, BOG-RDF-2006-07
- Member - AITC, CATE, EQC, SPC – 2007-08
- Member - FC, BOM-ESCI, BOG-RDF, BOG, SDF, BOG-SQF – 2011-12
- Member - BOE, BOS, CATE, EEAC – 2014-15
- Member - BOE, BOS, EEAC – 2015-16
- Chairman – EQC – 2015-16
- Member - BOG-NDRF, BOE – 2016-17
- Chairman – CVDB – 2016-17
- Member - ICC, BOG-NDRF, IMC-fib – 2017-18
- Chairman – CVDB – 2017-18
- Member - FC, EC, BOG-SDF, BOG-NSDF, IMC-fib, IMC-WFEO – 2018-19
- Member - FC, SPC, IMC-fib, BOG-NDRF, BOG-NSDF – 2019-20
- Member - FC, SPC, IMC-fib, BOG-NDRF, BOG-NSDF – 2020-21
Part of International delegation from IEI -
- World Engineering Summit on "Climate Change" held on July 21 - 24, 2015 at Singapore.
- ASCE Conference 2017 held on Oct 08-11, 2017 at New Orleans, Los Angeles (USA)*
- ASCE Convention 2018 held on 12- 15 Oct 2018 at Denver, Colorado (USA)*
* Attended as Chairman, CVDB
During his tenures at both Nagpur Local Centre and Maharashtra State Centre, Dr Hemant led by example and was instrumental in undertaking massive infrastructural developmental projects which are testimony till date and showcase his leadership skills and the vision for the future.
Dr Hemant has been a crusader for excellence and performance which is the need of the hour in this critical time that lEl is passing through. His skills, exposure, networking, deep understanding and total commitment shall be the most desired credentials to lead IEI in its hour of crisis.
Dr. Hemant Omkarrao Thakare
The Institution of Engineers(India)